Archived list of the 2007 seminars at the Centre for Integrative Physiology (CIP).
- Tom Pratt, 'Sulphated sugars help to guide retinal axons into the brain'
- Tammy Lannagan, 'The neurotrophin receptor, TrkB, and basement membrane formation in early ovary development'
- Thomas Becker, 'Extracellular matrix molecules in successful axon regeneration in the CNS of zebrafish'
- 'Heparan sulphate - decoding a dynamic multifunctional cell regulator'
- Professor Reinhard Jahn (Max-Planck-Institute for Biophysical Chemistry, Göttingen, Germany)
- 'Neuronal exocytosis - a tale of SNAREs and vesicles'
- Prof Johan Ericson (Karolinska Institute, Sweden)
- 'Identification of intrinsic determinants of midbrain dopamine neurons'
- Sally Lowell (Institute for Stem Research), 'Notch coordinates lineage choice in pluripotent embryonic stem cells'
- Megan Davey (Roslin Institute), 'Patterning in talpid3 embryos indicates Gli function is abnormal'
- Vassiliki Fotaki (CIP, University of Edinburgh), 'Re-examining the effects of Gli3 loss in the developing mouse forebrain'
- Dr Adrian Moore (RIKEN Brain Science Institute, Wako, Saitama, Japan)
- 'Individual members of a neuron class-specific transcription factor code control different aspects of dendrite cytoskeleton and synergize to define final arbor shape'
- Dr Geraint Thomas (University College London)
- 'Is the constitutive secretory pathway regulatable?'
27 April - PhD talks
- Raphie Kitson-Pantano, 'The conservation and divergence of function in the SIX family of homeodomain transcription factors'
- Catherine Carr, 'The role of Pax6 at the pallial-subpallial boundary'
- Wen-Chin Lee, 'Dacts in mouse kidney development'
- Vlad Ivaniutsin, 'APC and cortical development'
4 May - PhD talks
- Nils Lindstrom, 'Branching morphogenesis with Rac and Rho'
- Petrina Georgala, 'Cortical progenitor proliferation and lamination defects in mice overexpressing PAX6'
- Anne Ellwood, 'Proteins involved in development of the barrel corex'
- Chris Conway, 'Defining the role Heparan sulphate sulphation has on axon guidance in the developing murine visual system'
- 'Genes involved in the formation of the earliest cortical circuits'
- 'SUMOylation regulates kainate receptor endocytosis and synaptic transmission'
- 'Contribution of glial cells to NMDA receptor activity in the rat supraoptic nucleus'
28 November - Seminar morning: Probing Molecular Networks
- Cameron Wyatt (Edinburgh University), 'Mechanisms of axon growth and regeneration in zebrafish'
- Kerstin Hasenpusch-Theil 9Edinburgh University), 'Gli3 and its role in cortical neuronal differentiation'
- Dirk-Jan Kleinjan (MRC Human Genetics Unit), Title to be announced
- Pedro Coutinho (MRC Human Genetics Unit), 'A combined approach to identify Pax6 targets'
- Dr Rick Livesey (University of Cambridge), 'Pax6 target genes in the developing cortex: roles for Pax6 in stem cell maintenance and priming of neuronal gene expression'
5 December - Inaugural Edinburgh Vesicle Trafficking Consortium Seminar Series
- Claire Medine, 'A pathway for t-SNARE cluster formation'
- Sutherland Maciver, 'The role of the actin cytoskeleton in secretion'
- Ian Dransfield, 'Control of macrophage phagocytosis of apoptotic cells'
- Iain Robinson (University of Plymouth), 'Genetically dissecting membrane trafficking in drosophila'
- Dr Nicholas Justice (Salk Institute, San Diego, USA)
- 'Mechanisms underlying corticotropin releasing factor modulation of endocrine, autonomic and behavioral stress responses'
This article was published on Mar 23, 2010