Founded in 1843 as the library of the Free Church College, New College Library now serves the University's School of Divinity.
It is one of the largest theology libraries in the UK, with over a quarter of a million items. Its large and rich special collections include the papers of Thomas Chalmers, J.H. Oldham and James S. Stewart.
New College, Mound Place, Edinburgh EH1 2LU.
Enter by the eastern side of the quadrangle, behind the statue of John Knox.
Staff and students of the University of Edinburgh have full access and borrowing rights.
Borrowing access is also available to ministers of the Church of Scotland and other denominations.
This article was published on Oct 14, 2013