Liaison Librarians are part of the College Consultancy teams and work with academic staff to ensure that the Library is meeting their teaching and research needs.
Role of the Liaison Librarian
- To advise on Library procedures and resolve difficulties in using Library services and resources.
- To work with academic staff to ensure that the Library is meeting their teaching and research needs by ensuring the availability of materials in their respective subject areas.
- To feed back into the Library planning process the specific needs of the Schools and Colleges they serve.
- To Promote information literacy and assist students and staff to make effective use of library resources in support of study and research.
- To liaise with academic staff on library-related course development and delivery.
- To ensure relevant, current and sustainable Collection development.
- To take an active part in School and College committees.
- To provide advice to academic staff and students on library professional related issues and to liaise closely with other parts of Information Services, and other University of Edinburgh teams, to identify solutions to library related issues.
- To liaise with professional organisations to develop best practice approaches and to keep abreast of emerging library technologies.
Your Liaison Librarian
College of Humanities & Social Science
The Liaison Librarian for each School within the College of HSS.
College of Medicine & Veterinary Medicine
The Liaison Librarian for each School within the College of MVM.
College of Science & Engineering
The Liaison Librarian for each School within the College of SCE.
Liaison Librarians by subject
An A - Z of academic subjects with the contact details for the Liaison Librarian who has responsibility for it.
This article was published on Oct 23, 2012