We are happy to help researchers who are not able to visit the CRC in person. You can contact us by phone, fax, letter or email. We do not normally spend more than one hour on any individual enquiry, and we cannot actually do your research for you. This enquiry service is free.
What you need to tell us
Please provide full contact details and as much information about your enquiry as necessary. If you know any relevant reference numbers or shelfmarks, please include these in your enquiry.
Enquiries about alumni
- Basic search - Confirming the occurrence of a specific name in our indexes. Free.
- Follow-up search - Checking basic search results against matriculation / graduation records. Please contact us for advice about researchers who can do this work for you.
- Advanced search - Searching records for names not in our indexes. Please contact us for advice about researchers who can do this work for you.
We aim to acknowledge enquiries within 5 working days and to provide a full answer within 20 working days.
- Centre for Research Collections
- Edinburgh University Library
- George Square
- EH8 9LJ
- Tel:: +44(0)131 650 8379
- Fax: +44(0)131 650 2922
This article was published on Nov 14, 2012