Microsoft E-Learning for Business
Online training in Microsoft products; available in English and other languages.
- Applications (e.g. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project)
- Systems (e.g. XP, Vista)
- Multiple learning modes including simulations, demonstrations, animations and assessment
- Available in different languages
- Personal portfolios with progress tracking
- 24 hour technical support available by email and telephone
How to subscribe
- Go to the Microsoft E-Learning for Business set up page (see Related Links below).
- For access to courses on Microsoft Applications (Word, Excel, etc.), input the following case sensitive access code: IWOEF9D83F
- For access to courses on Microsoft Systems (Windows 7, Exchange Server, etc.), input the following case sensitive access code: CLO9D8EAA0
- Input your work email address. This must end in ed.ac.uk.
- Accept the Data Sharing Notice by ticking the box, then click Send.
- Sign in to the Microsoft E-Learning website using a valid Windows Live ID. This will be the username and password you will use to access the site each time you log in. If you already have a profile on microsoft.com then use that Windows Live ID and move to step 7 of these instructions.
- If you do not have a profile on microsoft.com, follow the instructions to create one. You will receive an email confirming your registration. From the email, click the link to activate your courses and sign in using the Windows Live ID that you have just created.
- Click the Learning Catalogue link to see list of available courses.
- Click on a course title to launch it, or select the adjacent tick box followed by the Add to My Learning button to add the products to your My Learning page. Once added, you can access these courses in future through the My Learning link on the left of the screen.
Accessing materials after registration
Once you have registered, you can access your courses at any time.
- Go to the Microsoft E-Learning for Business home page (see Related Links below). We suggest that you bookmark this page to facilitate future access.
- Click the Sign In button in the upper right corner of the page.
- Sign in to Windows Live using your Windows Live ID and password.
- Click the My Learning or Learning Catalogue links on the left side of the page to begin or resume your course.
If you experience any problems with these materials, please contact your regional support centre using the link below.
This article was published on Oct 29, 2012