Replacement cards

If your University card has expired or is lost, stolen or damaged it can be replaced by a Card help desk.

Replacing lost or stolen cards

If your University Card has been lost or stolen and you still have money left in your Web Wallet, please contact the IS Helpline as soon as possible as per the contact details below. Once you have done so you must visit one of the Card help desks to order a replacement card.

Replacing expired or damaged cards

If your University card has expired or is damaged then you can get it renewed or replaced at one of our Card help desks. Expired cards will not be automatically replaced by Card Services.

If you are Distance Learning student and need to replace a lost, stolen or expired card please contact the IS Helpline as per the contact details below.

IS Helpline
Web: Self service portal (preferred)
Phone: +44 (0)131 651 5151
Availability: IS Helpline is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Cost of replacement cards

In the case of faulty, worn and expired cards, the old card must be produced in order to receive a free replacement.

A £10 non-refundable fee will be charged to replace lost, stolen or damaged cards, and if a user is unable to produce their old card at the time of replacement.

Faulty cardsFree
Fair wear and tearFree
Expired cardsFree
Lost card£10
Stolen card £10
Cards damaged deliberately or due to neglect£10

Students returning to the University to start a new programme of study

If you have previously been a student at the University and are starting a new programme of study then your card will not be renewed automatically. If you are in this situation and you have either had a University card which has since expired (ie the date printed on the card has passed) or have never had a University card, you can visit Adam House between the hours of 09.15 to 16.30 from 15/09/14 to 18/09/14 inclusive, where we will have facilities to produce your card and take a new photograph if required. Alternatively, if a photograph is showing in the Student Personal Details channel on the myStuff tab in MyEd and you are happy for us to use this on your card, you can visit one of the card replacement desks to get your card produced.

If you are unable to attend Adam House during the above times and wish to have a new photograph on your card then you will have to visit one of the card replacement desks and fill out an application form and submit a photograph. The card replacement desks do not have any facilities to take a photograph for you.

Continuing or returning visitors

You must check with your school/college that the end date of your visit has been updated. If this has not been updated then Card Services are unable to print out a new or replacement card for you.

If it has been updated, then you must visit one of our Card help desks to ask for a new or replacement card.

Important information

Please note that the University Card system receives its data fro the EUCLID system (students), the Human Resources system (staff) and the Visitor Registration System (visitors). If you think that the information that we have for you in the University Card system is incorrect then you should contact your school or department office to have this amended on the relevant system. Any changes that they make will normally then be downloaded into the University Card system the next day.

Accessibility menu