Configure Windows Vista for secure wireless access
The following instructions will enable you to connect your Windows Vista device to eduroam, the secure wireless network.
- Click the Start menu and select "Connect To" to display a list of available wireless networks.
- Select "eduroam" and click "Connect".
- Click "Enter/select additional log on information" to display the Enter Credentials window.
Enter the following information:
- User name: Enter your username as your UUN plus "@ed.ac.uk", e.g. "firstname.lastname@example.org".
- Password: Enter the password which you specified when you registered for the Wireless service.
- Logon domain: Leave the "Logon domain" field blank.
- Click "OK" to return to the previous window.
- Click "Enter/select additional log on information" again, this time to display the Validate Server Certificate window.
- Click "OK" to validate the server certificate.
"Connecting to eduroam..." will be displayed while your device authenticates to the network.
Once authenticated successfully, a window will display confirmation that your device is connected to the eduroam secure wireless network.
- Ensure "Save this network" is selected.
- Ensure "Start this connection automatically" is selected.
- Click "Close".
Your device should now connect automatically to the eduroam wireless network whenever it is range.
You may be asked to re-enter your credentials if you change your password.
This article was published on Mar 30, 2011