Step by step instructions explaining how to change the password on a TrueCrypt volume.
If the volume is mounted already, dismount it first before continuing:
1. Launch TrueCrypt (click the Start menu button, select All Programs, then select the TrueCrypt folder, then click on TrueCrypt).
2. Click Select File... then browse and select the TrueCrypt volume you want to change password on.
3. Click on Volume Tools... and select Change Volume Password...
4. Enter the current password in the upper Password: box, then enter the new password in the lower Password: and Confirm Password: boxes, leave the other settings as they are then click OK.
5. Move your mouse around for a minimum of 30 seconds to help generate genuine random encryption data then click Continue.
This article was published on Feb 23, 2010