Encryption for your computer
Before you begin
Please note the following considerations before encrypting your data:
- Data encryption is not a substitute for other information protection controls.
- Encryption should be used in conjunction with other controls such as access-control or authentication.
- Data encryption is reliant on the creation of a strong password.
- Encrypted data cannot be recovered in the event of a failure.
- If the encryption key is lost, the disk image gets corrupted, or the hard disk fails, any encrypted data will be lost.
- Establish a reliable and secure backup procedure for the data and any related passwords.
This article was published on Aug 14, 2014