Conditions of use
Users of the open-access computers are requested to abide by the following rules.
- You must not in any way deliberately cause any form of damage to The University of Edinburgh’s open-access computers or software, or to any of the rooms which contain the computers.
- You must comply with any instructions or regulations displayed alongside computing facilities.
- Eating and drinking (except bottled water) is not permitted in any of the open-access computing areas, with the exception of the cafes located in the Main Library, Appleton Tower and KB Centre.
- You must respect the rights of others and should conduct themselves in a quiet and orderly manner.
- You must not occupy a computer workstation unless you are actively using it for learning, teaching or research.
- You are not permitted to leave your belongings at a workstation in an attempt to reserve the workstation while you are away for an extended period. Not only do you risk the theft of belongings, it is also preventing the use of the equipment by others.
- The playing of unauthorised computer games not associated with learning, teaching and research purposes is not permitted.
- No equipment should be moved from its designated place or be tampered with in any way.
- Interference with or removal of print outs from a University printer which belong to another person is not permitted.
This article was published on Mar 27, 2013