Mapping network shares in Windows
To manually map a drive to network share do the following:
1. Start the Map Network Drive program:
- In Windows XP right-click on 'My Computer' and select 'Map Network Drive'.
- In Windows Vista or Windows 7 click 'Start' and right-click on 'Computer' then select 'Map Network Drive'.
2. When the Map Network Drive program starts set Drive: to the drive you want to use, such as X:
3. Set Folder: to the network share you want to connect to, such as \\scieng0.scieng.ed.ac.uk\biolsci
- Tick 'Reconnect at login' if you want the drive to reconnect after a reboot (home/remote users should untick this option).
- If prompted for a username use your UUN prefixed with ed\
- Click 'Finish'.
This article was published on Sep 18, 2012