Reporting a problem
If there is a fault with your telephone extension, please report it so that it can be quickly fixed.
If you believe there is a fault with your telephone extension, or the system in general, please follow this procedure:
- Check the IS Service Status and Alerts web page (link below), to see if there is an active alert relating to the telephone service. If so, check the details to see if it likely to be the cause of the problem you are experiencing. If there is a relevant alert, be assured that IS will be working to resolve the problem as quickly as possible.
- If there is no relevant alert, please contact Telephone Operations to report the fault, either by email or from another (working) extension. Please provide full information about the problem, including:
- Extension number(s) affected.
- Port number(s) on wall socket.
- Location - room and building.
- Your name (and phone user's name if different).
- Description of fault.
- Your contact details.
Telephone Operations will carry out a number of remote diagnostic tests, and may request further information. If the fault cannot be rectified remotely, it will be allocated to an engineer who may need to visit your location.
This article was published on Jan 4, 2013