Goals and objectives
The overall objective of the Installations team is to design and implement the physical data network within the University.
Specific tasks and aims
- To translate the user requirement into plans from which a contractor can physically install the network.
- To purchase the necessary materials in a timely manner and at the best price.
- To liaise with the estates & buildings department on the timing of installations and the selection of the contractor.
- To monitor the installation of all network outlets to ensure correct procedures are being followed.
- To produce the documentation of all installations and pass this to the commissioning team in a timely manner.
- To produce the necessary billing information in a timely manner to recover all costs.
- To provide advice to departments and EUCS on up to date practices and developments.
This article was published on Jun 22, 2011