This page is a record of project deliverables. New developments (post-project) will be recorded on the course home and about pages. MANTRA is now maintained as a service.
- Poster presentation: IASSIST 2012, George Washington University, Washington DC - 6 June 2012, Anne Donnelly & Stuart Macdonald
- MANTRA Research Data Management Training - A5 flyer
- Jorum (learning object repository) Featured Resource, April 2012
- Jorum guest blog post, 26 March, 2012
- ALISS Quarterly, Volume 7 no.2, January 2012, Cuna Ekmekcioglu
- Workshop organiser and presentation: Delivering Postgraduate Training for Research Data Management, IDCC, Bristol - 5 December 2011, Robin Rice
- Invited presentation: International Digital Curation Conference, Bristol - 5 December 2011, Jeff Haywood
- Invited Discussant: JISC MRD 2 Programme: Policy development, University of Nottingham - 1-2 December 2011, Robin Rice
- Webinar: RECOLECTA Research Data Management Seminar Series - 24 November 2011, Stuart Macdonald
- JISC news: Open resource to support PhD scholars with research data management - 28 October 2011
- BITS newsletter, Autumn 2011 (p. 10) [PDF]
- Presentation: Research Data Management Seminar, The Open University - 21 October 2011, Robin Rice
- University of Edinburgh news item, 17 November 2011
- Project MANTRA new release, 17 October 2011, Digital Curation Centre
- Presentation: Research Data MANTRA (Management Training) online course launch, AQMeN event - 10 October 2011, Robin Rice
- Presentation: MANTRA and Open Educational Resources, AQMeN event - 10 October 2011, Stuart Macdonald
- Presentation: Research Data MANTRA demo, AQMeN event - 10 October 2011, Cuna Ekmekcioglu
- Journal article: International Journal of Digital Curation, 6 (2), 2011, Robin Rice & Jeff Haywood
- Presentation: Research Integrity Conference, London - 13 September 2011, Jeff Haywood
- Presentation: DCC Roadshow, University of Glasgow - 24 June 2011, Robin Rice
- Presentation: IASSIST 2011, Simon Fraser University, Vancouver - 3 June 2011, Robin Rice
- Presentation: Open Educational Resources (OER) Conference - 12 May 2011, Stuart Macdonald & Cuna Ekmekcioglu
- Presentation: JISC MRD International programme workshop - 28-29 March, 2011, Cuna Ekmekcioglu
- Presentation: Library Roles in Research Data Management local event - 22 March 2011, Robin Rice
- Conference paper: International Digital Curation Centre conference - 6-8 December 2010, Robin Rice & Jeff Haywood
- Presentation: JISC MRD programme meeting - 22 October, 2010, Robin Rice
In order to provide course material in data handling within particular software environments, four software modules are being written by commissioned authors, based on the needs assessment with the doctoral programmes. These will be stand-alone practical exercises, designed to be printed and worked through in a computer lab or workstation. They are designed to take an hour to an hour and a half to complete.
Below are the outlines of the content being written, as agreed by the project manager following consultation.
All of the practicals have been drafted by the commissioned authors and are currently under review and revisions (May 2011). Current files are on the project wiki.
Early in the project (August-October 2010) meetings between project staff and primary contacts in the doctoral programmes were set up to discuss the content of the units and the software modules. Summary notes are provided.
A project wiki has been set up for informal sharing of resources between the project team and stakeholders. Some of the pages are private, but the main page is open, so as to be open to others working on similar projects (such as fellow JISC MRD projects).
This article was published on Jul 31, 2013