Useful checklists new students can use to make sure they have everything they need before and during their stay in Edinburgh.
Before you arrive
- Read the Visa FAQ document carefully and apply for a Visa.
- Complete your matriculation form and return it by post.
- Pay the deposit for your accommodation fee. Remember to bring your accommodation contract.
- Bring all your relevant documentation as requested in the information from your College.
- Read the joining instructions from your College carefully, as these will contain important information regarding specific activities and requirements related to your programme.
- Contact your Course Coordinator by phone or email to confirm your travel arrangements.
- Pay your tuition fees.
Once you have arrived in Edinburgh
- Attend your induction events for your programme.
- Meet with your Personal Tutor.
- Register with a doctor.
- Register with the police (if necessary).
- Open a bank account.
- Inform the Council if you are living in non-University accommodation and wish to be exempt from Council Tax.
What to pack
The University of Edinburgh International Office have produced several welcome films for new students. Including information on:
- Clothes to pack
- What to pack
- What to do after you arrive
Different arrangements for IFP students
Please be aware that we have made many special arrangements for HSS International Foundation Programme including accommodation arrangements and start date. For example, you will find that your start date differs from that of new undergraduate students. If you are not sure about information you read just contact the HSS International Foundation Programme Course Coordinator.
This article was published on Sep 11, 2012