Back to main profile
- Smith P (2012) The Emotional Labour of Nursing Revisited – Can nurses still care? (Second Edition) Basingstoke, Palgrave Macmillan
- Allan HT, Smith P, and O'Driscoll M (2011) Experiences of supernumerary status and the hidden curriculum in nursing: a new twist in the theory-practice gap? Journal of Clinical Nursing, doi:10.1111/j.1365-2702.2010.03570.x
- Smith P and Allan HT (2010 'We should be able to bear our patients in our teaching in some way' theoretical perspectives on how nurse teachers manage their emotions to negotiate the split between education and caring practice. Nurse Education Today, 30, 218-223
- O’Driscoll M, Allan HT and Smith P A (2010) Still looking for leadership. Who is responsible for student nurses’ learning Nurse Education Today, 30, 212-217
- Allan HT, Smith PA and Lorentzon M (2008) Leadership for learning: a literature study of leadership for learning in clinical practice. Journal of Nursing Managmenet. 16, 545-555.
- Smith P (2012) Leverhulme Artist in Residence Award to fund a 10 month residency with creative writer Nicola White and Nursing Studies £15,000
- Smith P, Smith M and Wilkinson H (2012) College of Humanities and Social Science, ‘Challenge’ Investment Fund. Older Age in Changing Times - Education for practice across two decades: Conversational analysis of older people’s voices in the 1980s and 2000s £4,500
- Clinical Academic Research Careers (CARC) scheme (launched May 2010) Five year scheme for doctoral students and three year scheme for postdoctoral fellows in partnership with and co-funded by NHS Lothian, NHS Education for Scotland (NES), University of Edinburgh (U of E) , Edinburgh Napier University (ENU) and Queen Margaret University (QMU)
- Member of Management Group and lead for U of E first demonstration site in Critical Care (2011-16) doctoral studentship and post doctoral fellowship.
- Smith P (2009-2010) Leverhulme Visiting Professor Award, Professor Tina Koch, £60,000
- A study of UK Centenarians and provision of a participatory action research leadership and mentorship programme. Report submitted
- Smith P, Buckle P, Magnusson C, (2006-2008) with Universities of Newcastle, East Anglia, Manchester and Edinburgh. Patient Safety in health care professional education curricula: the learning experience. Patient Safety Research Programme/Department of Health. ( £44,357 of total grant £300,000)
- Smith P, Larsen J A (2006-2008) with St George’s Medical School and Kingston and Plymouth Universities. The Impact of governance and incentives on people with complex conditions: organisational, professional and service user perspectives. Service Delivery and Organisation of the NHS (Department of Health). £45, 432 (of total grant £280,468)
- Allan H, Smith P and Pope R (2006-2007) An Investigation into changes in nursing leadership roles and their impact on how student nurses learn in practice in the new NHS. General Nursing Council Trust. £31,738
This article was published on Dec 8, 2010