The buildings and gatepiers along the Canongate are all early 17th century - The Canongate windows were altered to form a schoolroom in 1849.
The house extended to form a quadrangle behind it with a plain mid 18th century block. Used as Linen Hall in the second half of the 18th century, was then restored as house and warehouse until 1847 - the iron gates and balcony railing are from this period. After 1847 the building was adapted for Free Church Training College.
Opening hours: 07:30AM - 06:30PM
Wherever possible we have installed access ramps and access lifts to help mobility-impaired building users gain access to our buildings.
We have also put in place disabled evacuation lifts and emergency evacuation procedures for wheelchair users in the event of fire.
|Listed building category||A|
|Year of build||1618|
|Number of floors|
|Space Management zone||Central|
|Gross internal area||985 m2|
Rooms in this building which can be booked by members of staff:
This article was published on Mar 1, 2011