Built around a central quadrangle, the building is mixed-use. Designed by Robert Adam in 1789 with interiors by William H. Playfair, this building was originally intended to house the whole of the University.
Opening hours: 08:00AM - 09:30PM
Wherever possible we have installed access ramps and access lifts to help mobility-impaired building users gain access to our buildings.
We have also put in place disabled evacuation lifts and emergency evacuation procedures for wheelchair users in the event of fire.
Old College is set within the Quad through an archway leading from South Bridge. From within the Quad there are separate entrance routes to the Administration Functions, the Talbot Rice Gallery and Law.
From separate routes it is possible to gain access to most of the rooms used within Old College. With the exception of Talbot Rice Gallery, all of the routes are indirect and rely on a degree of assistance from the servitors.
|Listed building category||A|
|Year of build||1789|
|Number of floors|
|Space Management zone||Central|
|Gross internal area||17982 m2|
|Energy Performance Certificate|
Rooms in this building which can be booked by members of staff:
|Basement||Seminar Room L03|
|Seminar Room L04|
|Seminar Room L05|
|Seminar Room L06|
|Ground||Moot Court Room|
|Seminar Room 160|
|Seminar Room 162|
|Seminar Room 163|
|Seminar Room 166|
|Lecture Theatre 175|
|Lecture Theatre 183|
|01||Lecture Theatre 270|
This article was published on Mar 1, 2011