The University of Edinburgh Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender (LGBT) Staff Network for LGBT staff, and their supporters.
Purpose of the Network
- To provide a way for LGBT staff to get to know each other through formal and informal events, and feel part of a welcoming LGBT community at work.
- To provide a mechanism for enabling LGBT staff to come together to share information and support by providing a space for the safe discussion of LGBT issues.
- To provide a forum with which the University can consult on project and policy related matters in relation to equality of treatment for LGBT Staff and help inform the University’s approach to promoting an inclusive and supportive culture.
- To raise the profile of LGBT staff within and beyond the University.
- To enable the sharing of best practice, knowledge, ideas and thoughts on operational, research and academic work in relation to LGBT issues.
This article was published on Oct 23, 2012