Advancing Gender Equality
Advancing Gender Equality Steering Group.
- Provide strategic oversight of the University’s performance in relation to gender equality for staff, particularly as regards the career progression of female academic and professional services staff
- Identify priorities for action, specify the type of action to be taken and monitor progress
- Provide oversight of the University of Edinburgh’s contribution to the Equality Challenge Unit (ECU) 'Advancing Gender Equality' project.
- Link with the University Court and other senior bodies, promoting a two-way channel of communication.
The Steering Group reports to Staff Committee
The Steering Group will also provide reports to University Equality and Diversity groups as appropriate, including the Equality and Diversity Committee and Equality and Diversity Monitoring and Research Committee (EDMARC). It will also report/communicate with Colleges/Support Groups and wider stakeholders, as appropriate.
- Convener: Professor Sarah Cunningham-Burley, College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine
- Professor Ann Smyth, University Court
- Margaret Tait, University Court
- Professor Lorraine Waterhouse, Vice-Principal Equality and Diversity
- Professor Simon Clark, College of Humanities and Social Sciences
- Professor Rose Zamoyska, College of Science and Engineering
- Hamish Macandrew, ERI, Corporate Services Group
- Sheila Cannell, Information Services Group
- Rio Watt, Student and Academic Services Group
- Sheila Gupta, Director of HR
- Eilidh Fraser, Deputy Director of HR
This article was published on Mar 23, 2012