Opportunities exist in the College of Humanities and Social Sciences to undertake supervised research at either doctoral or Masters level. ELTC welcomes enquiries from prospective postgraduate students in any of our areas of research interest.
ELTC staff supervise in the following research areas:
- Classroom-focused research: Second language classroom ethnography, Task-based instruction, Focus on form
- Course and materials design, evaluation and revision
- Discourse analysis: Language description and language teaching, Language in the workplace and business discourse, Genre analysis and English for Specific Purposes
- Teaching languages for specific purposes such as English for Business and Law, English for Academic Purposes
- Teaching writing skills
- Teacher Education/Professional Development
For other areas of language teaching, visit the Moray House School of Education website.
This article was published on Mar 7, 2012