Recent PhD completions by supervisees:
- Lacorte, Manel (Jose Manuel): Teachers’ contributions to the culture of language classrooms : the case of Spanish as a foreign language. 1999. Spanish. First supervisor.
- Kao, Chung-yao.The design, development and validation of a specific purpose test of English for Taiwanese tour guides. 2001. Taiwanese. First supervisor.
- Sandhu, Parveen Kaur. An enquiry into the construction of classroom culture: the case of two language classrooms in Singapore. 2002. Singaporean. Co-supervisor.
- Gourlay, Lesley Jane. Classroom discourse and participation in an English for Specific Purposes context. 2003. British. Second supervisor.
- Soliman, Iman Aziz. The teaching of Arabic as a Second Language at the International Language Institute, Sahafayeen, Cairo: a programme evaluation. 2003. Egyptian. First supervisor.
- Gibson, Robert Brown. The strategies used by cloze-test takers. 2005. Scottish. First supervisor.
- Yi, Jyi-Yeon. Construction of a Rating Scale for Writing Assessment in EFL Context by a Data-based Approach. 2006. Korean. First supervisor.
- Bonacina, Florence. A Conversation Analytic approach to practiced language policies: The example of an induction classroom for newly-arrived immigrant children in France. 2010. French. Second supervisor.
- Al-Qudairi, Abdullah. Development and evaluation of a reading test. Saudi Arabian. First supervisor.
- Du Yi. Analysis of four Chinese EFL classrooms: The use of L1 and L2. 2012. Chinese. First supervisor.
Current PhD supervisees:
- Al-Hajri, Fatma. Evaluating language assessment in the foundation year of the colleges of applied sciences (CAS) in Oman. Oman. First supervisor.
- Portelli, Alessia. An action research project with undergraduate Maltese students of Hispanic Literature: a reader-response approach. Malta. Second supervisor.
This article was published on Jul 26, 2012