Aimed at academic staff from the University of Edinburgh with teaching responsibilities, the programme is designed to introduce staff to significant issues in relation to teaching, learning and assessment.
Students who follow this programme will be able to:
- demonstrate a critical understanding of the key concepts and theories relating to teaching, learning and assessment in higher education
- critically assess the extent to which present learning environments within their school are conducive to promoting high quality-learning
- have practical knowledge of how to design effective learning environments within research-intensive settings
- have an advanced understanding of the various perspectives by which to explore differences among learners and the capacity to develop creative ways of working with different learners in a variety of contexts
- be able to demonstrate the ability to critically reflect on their own practice and as such take an informed and professional approach to academic practice
This article was published on Jul 7, 2011