Student Support Office
Details about help and support our Student Support Office can provide to you if you are a student at Moray House.
Opening hours and contact details
|Office opening hours|
|Monday - Friday||9.00am - 5.00pm|
|Student Support Officers||Contact numbers|
|Carron Burgess||0131 651 6144|
|Sian Gowans||0131 651 4844|
|Emily Lloyd||0131 651 4801|
|Elena Novo Cabana||0131 651 6470|
|Don Stuckey||0131 651 6134|
What do we do?
The Student Support Team is responsible for:
- Letters: Factual reference letters for letting agencies and visa purposes confirming your student status
- Council Tax (outwith City of Edinburgh and Midlothian Councils)
- PVG (Protecting Vulnerable Groups) Scheme and Police Clearance administration
- Confirm students' attendance as part of the matriculation process
- Putting on option courses for students and course changes
- Special circumstances administration
- Progression interviews administration
- Authorised interruption of study applications and withdrawal
- Student progression administration
- Maintain/amend student records via registry
- GLOW administration
- Learning adjustments
- Personal tutor allocation and administration
The following links may be useful to you. Also see 'Student support FAQs' in the top right navigation panel.
University-wide student services
If you have any queries which can’t be resolved from the information through the links below, please email the Student Support Team, who will be happy to help (email address is at the top of this page).
This article was published on Feb 17, 2014