Music facilities span two campus locations, including the JCMB in Physics and Alison House in Music.
- Digital Recording Studios - featuring a Digidesign Digi002 Pro-Tools system and industry standard Genelec studio monitors.
- PC Lab - 8 Windows XP workstations with Digidesign Mbox 2 audio/MIDI hardware interface. Software including Pro-Tools LE, Matlab, Audacity and CSound.
- Musical Acoustics Research Laboratories - including an anechoic chamber and a reverberation room.
- Access to state-of-the-art acoustics research equipment - Phantom high speed digital camera (up to 20,000 frames per second), Laser doppler vibrometer, BIAS system, Bruel and Kjaer Pulse System.
- Genelec studio monitors
- We have a suite of Intel-Macintosh based studios equipped for live recording, MIDI composition, stereo and surround mixing, and sound for picture editing.
- Our facilities are accessible 24/7.
- Authorised students and staff can book studios online.
This article was published on Oct 8, 2012