The MSc Composition for Screen is an exciting one-year taught programme with a focus on practices for composing music and sound for the screen.
The range of music for media to be explored includes film and TV as well as current computer multi-media such as YouTube “virals," music videos, commercials, video games and web pages.
About the programme
This MSc gives students the opportunity to learn about the technical, artistic and intellectual demands of composing music and sound for use in both the established audio-visual media of film and television and the new digital and internet media environments.
The programme will encourage students to create music for innovative media use while receiving practical experience and feedback in collaborating with others.
What will you get out of the MSc Composition for Screen?
- Development of your compositional skills, especially those related to musical/dramatic association with the screen
- Updating and enrichment of your electronic music and
media skills, including the use of notational software, sequencer software, hardware and mixing, and media synchronization and production methods
- A portfolio and demo reel for scoring work through your work in media music projects
- Familiarity with collaborative processes when working with others in a media music environment
- An improvement in your abilities to observe and research processes in media music and to communicate those processes with others
- Self-sufficient capabilities and resourcefulness to take on music for screen projects in a professional atmosphere
This article was published on Aug 17, 2011