Afe Adogame PhD
Senior Lecturer; World Christianity & Religious Studies
Fax: +44 (0)131 650 7952
More information about publications by Dr Adogame are available on his Edinburgh Research Explorer profile.
Affiliated research centresCentre for the Study of World Christianity
I hold a PhD in History of Religions from the University of Bayreuth in Germany. Until my appointment in 2005 to the Lectureship in World Christianity, I was Teaching & Senior Research Fellow at the Department for the Study of Religion and Institute of African Studies, Bayreuth University from 1995-1998 and from 2000-2005.
Since I joined New College, I have been teaching wide-ranging postgraduate/undergraduate courses in World Christianity and Religious Studies. As Associated and Supervisory Staff at the Centre of African Studies, I teach African Religions & Cosmologies in the MSc in Africa Programme.
- Expert Peer Reviewer, Economic and Social Research Council, UK 2013
- Expert Peer Reviewer, National Research Foundation, South Africa 2013
- Expert Scientific Reviewer & Evaluator, Swiss National Science Foundation, 2012
- Research Project Evaluator, The Israel Science Foundation, 2010
- Expert Reviewer, Pentecostal and Charismatic Research Initiative, Templeton Foundation 2008
- Expert Peer Reviewer, Swedish National Bank, 2004
- Secretary/Treasurer, Research Committee on Sociology of Religion RC22, International Sociological Association
- Deputy Editor, Journal of Religion in Africa (Brill) 2013-
- Associate Editor, Studies in World Christianity (Edinburgh University Press)
- Member, International Editorial Advisory Board, International Studies in Religion and Society (Brill Academic Publishers); Journal of Religion in Africa (Brill) 2003-2012; Journal of Africana Religions (The Penn State University Press); African Diaspora: A Journal of Transnational Africa in a Global World (Brill); Ashgate Publication Series, Vitality of Indigenous Religious Traditions; Ashgate/INFORM Series on Minority Religions and Spiritual Movements
- General Secretary, African Association for the Study of Religion
- Consultant, Living Religions Book Project (Mary Pat Fisher), Pearson, Prentice Hall
- External Evaluator, Faculty of Theology, University of Pretoria, South Africa
- Core Faculty/Lecturer, Faculty Development Institute, ‘Ecologies of Learning Project - Religious Movements and Global Cities’. New York Theological Seminary, NY, USA