Why study Internal Medicine?
This programme is designed to give you a firm grounding in all aspects of Internal Medicine.
Royal College of Physicians exam
The first and second years are designed to complement and expand upon the MRCP curriculum.
- Online tutorials, discussion boards, the Internal Medicine blog, Facebook and Twitter are used to connect students in a lively, global community.
- Live tutorials give you the chance to ask questions directly to tutors and academic support will be available by email.
Innovative use of online learning platforms means that students from Australia to Zambia can share their knowledge and experience.
- There is only an eight-12 hour commitment each week.
- Learning material is archived online and accessible 24 hours a day.
- E-journals and online textbooks are provided electronically through the Edinburgh University Library. You are also given access to the Library building.
Leader in online medical education
- The Internal Medicine programme has been developed by specialist doctors with an interest in online learning.
- Experts from the National Health Service (NHS) and within the University are invited to run modules in their speciality areas, taking live tutorials and lectures.
OpenMed is a growing directory of free online material for all levels of medical practitioner.
It is run by the University of Edinburgh in parallel with the Internal Medicine programme and in partnership with the University of Malawi College of Medicine as part of the Scottish Government International Development Programme.
Career and skills development
- Training in allied health care areas such as health informatics, translational research, patient safety and clinical decision making.
- Managerial skills such as patient management, health service organisation and legal frameworks.
- A solid grounding in research methods, including basic statistics and research project planning.
- Guidance in presenting research, from learning how to write for publication to podcasting.
This article was published on Mar 23, 2012