There are three main committees associated with the School.
Postgraduate Studies Committee (PGSC)
The Postgraduate Studies Committee meets tri-annually and wishes to:
- Advise the Head of School on general policy and planning of the provision of postgraduate programmes and respond to internal and external papers of relevance
- Scrutinise and approve proposals for new postgraduate programmes and programme changes in the College and make recommendations to the Head of School and College of Medicine and Veterinary Medicine.
- The School of Clinical Sciences Postgraduate Studies Director is Professor Margarete Heck, who is also Chair of the School Postgraduate Studies Committee
Planning and Resources Committee
The Planning and Resources Committee meets approximately every two months to discuss strategy, planning, financial and other resources-related issues.
Health and Safety Advisory Committee
The Health and Safety Advisory Committee meets once per term to discuss matters arising from the various sub-school safety committee meetings.
Committee responsibilities include:
- To provide advice and disseminate information to the Heads of division and to the division Safety Committees
- To receive regular reports from division safety committees (including copies of notes from each division safety committee meeting)
- To ensure that division safety committees are proactive in ensuring safe practices are implemented at all times (including audits, inspection visits, record keeping)
- To encourage and advice on good practices (sharing good practice already established in local areas)
- To ensure that all work areas within the School fall within the control of one of the division committees
- To assist in establishing some uniformity (where possible) of practices within division
- To promote the use of annual "in-house" audits to encourage the sharing of good practice and act as a self-regulating mechanism
This article was published on Apr 10, 2013