Intern this summer!
Are you a motivated and enthusiastic second or penultimate year University of Edinburgh undergraduate looking to gain valuable and significant paid work experience within one of the major public sector employers in the capital this summer?
The Careers Service, in collaboration with an exciting range of University of Edinburgh departments, is piloting a structured internship programme - Employ.ed on Campus. A small number of structured placements are being offered this year in a range of different professional services departments.
As well as great work experience, the Careers Service will provide you with a programme of support, bringing participants together for an induction day (scheduled for 7th June) and group event, together with a framework to support your employability development goals and self-reflection.
As this is a pilot programme we will be asking participants to act as ambassadors for the programme and support the development of internship case study and promotional material for use in future years.
- The internships will be between 8-12 weeks long from early June onwards, depending on the specific department’s needs.
- To be eligible for any vacancy you must be a second or penultimate year student at the University of Edinburgh.
- Applicants need to be able to attend an event on Friday 3rd August at which all interns will be invited to deliver a brief presentation on their contribution and development whilst on their internship.
- Details on each role and candidate specifications, plus closing dates, are available on SAGE. All opportunities will be advertised under the Employ.ed employer name. Search under "Internship / placement opportunities". Check back as more may be added before the end of March.
How to apply
- To apply, you’ll need to send your completed application form and CV to the email address supplied below.
- The closing date for applications is April 15th 2012.
- Students are eligible to apply for more than one vacancy, however please submit a separate email and application form for each position.
- Enhance your application by viewing our tips on how to complete effective CVs and application forms. You can also make an appointment with a careers adviser to discuss your application.
- When your form is complete, please send it with your attached CV, and Employ.ed Application Form in the subject field to: firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was published on Apr 18, 2012