Using the MyAccommodation channel in MyEd
If you have applied for a place in University accommodation you can use the MyAccommodation channel in the MyEd University portal to view the progress of your application. When you have an offer of accommodation to accept, you will be sent an email prompting you to login to MyEd, where you will be able to view and accept your contract, pay your deposit, set up your payment plan and see other information, such as arrival instructions.
- Go to MyEd using the link below
- Login using your EASE username and password
- Select the MyStuff tab.
- The MyAccommodation panel should appear.
Help! I can't see myAccommodation
If you have logged into MyEd before the MyAccommodation panel was launched, you may need to add it to your MyStuff tab yourself. There are two easy ways to do this:
Option 1 - Reset your layout
You can use the Reset Layout channel to pick up the default set of MyEd content. This will remove all customisation that you might have done, but is the quickest option
- Select the Help tab.
- Scroll down to the Reset Layout channel.
- Click Reset Layout.
- Click Confirm Reset Layout.
- Log out of MyEd and back in. The MyAccommodation panel should now be on your MyStuff tab
Option 2- Add the channel manually
You can use the Customise option to add the channel manually to a tab that suits you. This is likely to be most useful if you have customised MyEd to a large extent.
- Click Customise at the top right hand side of the page. You will be presented with a graphical overview of your MyEd tabs and channels.
- Click the name of the tab you want to add the channel to e.g. myStuff
- Click New Channel in the position that you want the channel to appear in e.g. above or below existing channels
- Select the Applications category and click go.
- Scroll down the list of channels and select MyAccommodation.
- Click Add. The channel will now have been added to your graphical view of MyEd.
- Click the close icon in the channel header to finish customising.
- Switch to the tab you added the channel to and starting using it!
Remember to use the Exit option when you leave MyEd, otherwise your customisation changes will not be saved
More information If you have questions about registering for EASE, and access to the MyEd portal, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
This article was published on Nov 15, 2012