Connecting computers and phones in you room
The Keycom telephone must be plugged in to a power socket at all times. If your phone has no power:
- The phone will not work.
- If your computer is connected to the phone it will have no internet connection.
- The phone may take several minutes to be usable once it’s power is switched back on.
Connecting you telephone
- The Keycom telephone must be connected to the network point in you room.
- If there are two network points in your room please use the one which ends with an ODD number. e.g. K/C/1/113, NOT K/C/1/112.
- Your phone should be connected with the provided network cable from the network point in you room to the socket on the base of your phone marked “10/100 SW”.
Connecting your computer
- Your computer should be connected with the provided network cable from the socket on the base of your phone marked “10/100 PC”, to the Ethernet port on you computer.
- Once you are connected switch your computer on and open a web browser, the Keycom Registration/login page will appear. Use the information on the KeySurf flyer in your room to register.
This article was published on Sep 18, 2009