What do we do?
Our mission is to support the University of Edinburgh in ‘attracting and developing the world’s most promising students’.
We do this by delivering first rate student accommodation, catering and support to the University’s students and through the profit generated from commercial accommodation, catering, events and conference services that we provide under the name of ‘Edinburgh First’.
We put the needs of our students, customers and colleagues at the heart of everything and in doing so we all aspire to the following values:
- Delivering Excellence
- Working Positively
- Supporting Others
We provide - either directly, or through our commercial wing Edinburgh First - a wide range of services for students, staff and the general public.
- Residential accommodation for around 6,500 students at over 40 different locations
- Advisory and support services for our students
- Year-round B&B accommodation for visitors at Salisbury Green Hotel, Masson House, Kenneth Mackenzie and Richmond Place Apartments
- Year-round conference, event and meeting venues
- Catered and self-catered accommodation for up to 4,500 guests at any one time during the summer vacation
- Catering outlets, serving staff and students in key locations across the University
- Banqueting and outside catering services, including an internal University delivered catering service
- Co-ordination of University venues for Edinburgh’s major festivals
This article was published on Apr 17, 2013