Student engagement in learning
Supporting students to become purposeful partners in their learning.
Being active in supporting students to become purposeful partners in their learning and providing them with appropriate opportunities for effective engagement.
Examples of how this Indicator of Enhancement is embedded in the University’s reflection, procedures and activities:
- working with SPARQS to enhance University student representation structures
- consideration by the colleges of how to enhance student engagement, including the areas of:
- governance and participation
- infrastructure and organisation
- teaching and learning, including attendance at lectures and courses, and participation in tutorials
- student support
- feedback from students about their learning experience is actively sought through the annual course and programme monitoring process
This article was published on Oct 22, 2010