Student Experience Forum remit
- To consider and advise on matters of concern to students that may cross over several areas of interest and expertise. Such matters may be brought to the Forum by any of its members, but it is expected that most of the agenda will come from the Students’ Association.
- To identify matters of significant concern to students, and to initiate action on these: a) where appropriate in terms of the duties and responsibilities of Forum members and b) where this would prompt effective and timely resolution of the issues raised.
- To report on its business appropriately. The Convener and Vice-Convener, with suitable consultation, will decide on the most appropriate action to be taken following meetings of the Forum
- To receive information and advice from the virtual membership of the Forum, representing Services or Committees concerned with such matters as: accommodation, advice and counselling, careers, the Chaplaincy, the environment for disabled students, the Health Service, international students, the Office of Lifelong Learning and sports facilities, as far as any of these matters affect the student population.
- To receive reports from sub-committees annually, and when necessary, for comment and advice; and to establish standing sub-committees or ad-hoc working groups as appropriate.
This article was published on Nov 2, 2010