What the Committee achieved in previous academic sessions.
- Principal's Career Development PhD Scheme - student consultation event
- Reviewed Higher Degree regulations
- PhD Supervisor Support - approved review plans
- Set up Impact working group and received final report
- Contributed to University Strategic Plan 2012-16
- Contributed to REF Code of Practice on selection of staff
- Contributed to consultation on enhancing researcher development in Scotland
- Supported closer relationships between Edinburgh University Students Association (EUSA)
- Received Defining the Edinburgh PhD Task Group's final report
- Continued supporting the Principal’s Career Development Scholarships. (This responds to issues raised in PRES*.)
- Received Concordat Implementation Task Group's final report.
- Managed Roberts changes (This reflects recommendations from PPRs*.)
- Supported Principal Investigators (PI)
* Refers to PRES 2009 and Postgraduate Programme Review reports from 2009/10.
In 2011/12 REC had two task groups.
PGR Study Space
REC had four Task Groups in 2010/11.
Defining the Edinburgh PhD
Research Staff Management and PI Support
This article was published on Mar 20, 2013