The Quality Unit manages University-level arrangements for the assurance and enhancement of the University's degree programmes.
About the Quality Unit
Quality assurance and quality enhancement are the processes, structures and policies by which we assure ourself, our students and our stakeholders that we are maintaining academic standards and quality of provision.
Our work includes:
- University policy and guidance on quality assurance processes and procedures
- Responsibility for the internal subject review process and periodic Enhancement-Led Institutional Review (ELIR)
- Promotion across the University of a culture of enhancement and good practice stemming from quality assurance processes
- Provision of public information on the way in which the University assures and enhances its academic provision
- Support for University committees and task groups, including Senate Quality Assurance Committee
Enquires may be directed to our office in Old College.
The University of Edinburgh
Tel: +44(0)131 650 9118
This article was published on Nov 5, 2010