The five key points every member of staff needs to know.
- You have a maximum of 20 working days to answer any request for information.
- If a request concerns your area and information that can be released, avoid complications by following the procedures.
- Contact your local practitioner if you want to refuse any request, are unsure about any aspect of the request, or if it does not relate to your area of work.
- Create clear and professional information as all work documents and emails could be released under an information request.
- Make your information accessible to other staff so they can find it if needed to answer a request, when you are not there.
This information is also available for you to download and print.
The Records Management Section can provide advice, guidance and training on freedom of information issues.