Ramsey Affifi completed a PhD in 2015 at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE), University of Toronto, and went on to be a Postdoctoral Research Fellow in Simon Fraser University's Faculty of Education. He is also the founder of the Sai Nyai Eco School and the nonprofit organization, Sustainable Laos Education Initiatives.
Ramsey Affifi is particularly interested in working with students in 1) examining philosophical aspects of sustainability, ecology, and biology education, and 2) practitioner inquiry (in particular teaching curriculum outdoors; and teaching for sustainability). Please contact him if you study, or are interested in studying, any of these topics.
I am particularly interested in working with students interested in the following areas (please see my publications to get a better sense of some of the stuff I have recently worked on):
1) studies into philosophical or conceptual aspects of learning for sustainability, learning outdoors, human-nature interactions, and biology education (including understanding and critiquing biotechnologies),
2) approaches and theory to learning philosophy outdoors,
3) practitioner inquiry / research into effective learning in one or more of these areas,
4) teaching in the context of alternative international development.
5) exploring collaborative and ecological approaches to research.
David A.G. Clarke, Doctoral Candidate.
Single-authored Peer-Reviewed Publications
Panel and Roundtable Presentations.
Articles in Progress