The Procurement Office provides help and advice on all aspects of buying goods or services for the University.
We will help you select the best suppliers and achieve best overall value for money, whatever you are buying, whether from unrestricted or research funds.
Some of the services we offer include:
- Developing a procurement strategy to help the University meet its objectives
- Giving support and training for all those involved in procurement / purchasing
- Giving you information on existing agreements and guidance on procurement procedures (including your legal obligations)
- Being consulted at the earliest opportunity in strategic planning for acquisitions of goods or services or works from third parties (external sources)
- Assisting you to work together to purchase from a reduced number of contracted suppliers to make savings and eliminate unnecessary costs, develop improved supplier responsiveness and performance
- Guiding on selection of the right suppliers or service providers on quality, delivery, service, price, sustainability and innovation to meet requirements
- Orchestrating agreements with contracted suppliers and other collaborative contract managers, define the principles governing the relationships, monitor performance and strive to help suppliers with aim of continuous improvement
- Developing efficient processes for eProcurement and for monitoring performance
Contracted Suppliers have either University-wide Agreements or specific contracts to supply, for example, specialist research equipment or building as main contractors.
We are obliged to use the contracts and are open to suggestions for any supply arrangements that should be set up and welcome comments on existing contracts and suppliers.