Staff information roadshows
A new Easter Bush date has been added to the University's series of staff information roadshows.
These events will provide staff with information and updates on University activity and future directions.
A panel will discuss the University’s current financial position, the context of reductions in public funding, savings, growth, income stream diversification, estate matters, and topical issues relating to staff, including the removal of the retirement age.
Panel of speakers
The speakers will be:
- April McMahon, Vice-Principal for Planning, Resources & Research Policy
- Jon Gorringe, Director of Finance
- Alexis Cornish, Director of Planning
- Angus Currie, Director of Estates & Buildings
- Sheila Gupta, Director of Human Resources
Dates and venues
Half an hour will be allocated for the panel presentation, followed by 30 minutes for questions from staff.
Attendees will be provided with a sandwich lunch at each session.
The events will be held at five University sites throughout January and February.
The Little France event will take place on 27 January at the Chancellor’s Building.
Sandwich lunchThursday 27 January 2011, 12pm
- 12.30pmThe Common Room
Roadshow Thursday 27 January 2011, 12.30pm
- 1.30pmNRIE UOE Auditorium B, small lecture theatre
The King’s Buildings event will take place on 2 February at the James Clerk Maxwell Building.
Sandwich lunchWednesday 2 February 2011, 12.30pm
- 1.10pmarea outside JCMB Lecture Theatre A
RoadshowWednesday 2 February 2011, 1.10pm
- 2.10pmJCMB Lecture Theatre A
The Central Area event will take place on 10 February at Appleton Tower.
Sandwich lunchThursday 10 February 2011, 12pm
- 12.40pmGround Floor, near café
Roadshow Thursday 10 February 2011, 12.40pm
- 1.40pmLecture Theatre 3
The Roslin event will take place on 24 February at the main Roslin Institute building.
RoadshowThursday 24 February 2011, 12.15pm
- 1.15pmConference Hall
Sandwich LunchThursday 24 February 2011, 1.15pm
- 2pmConference Hall
Western General Hospital
The Western General Hospital event will take place on 25 February.
RoadshowFriday 25 February 2011, 12.15pm
- 1.15pmFourth floor lecture theatre, outpatient building
Sandwich lunchFriday 25 February 2011, 1.15pm
- 2pmThird floor lounge, outpatient building
The Easter Bush event will take place on 28 February at the Vet School.
Sandwich lunchMonday 28 February 2011, 1pm
- 1.30pmThe View Canteen, 2nd floor only
RoadshowMonday 28 February 2011, 1.30pm
- 2.30pmUpper Lecture Theatre, first floor
This article was published on Jan 27, 2011