Promoting a culture of knowledge and skill sharing and translating our findings to the clinic.
Our mission is to identify molecular and cellular mechanisms underlying normal human development and disease, including cancer, and translate these findings for clinical benefit.
In order to maximise the impact of our work on human health we aim, where appropriate, to:
- Widely disseminate scientific discoveries through open access publishing and data sharing
- Promote a culture of translation at IGMM supported by appropriate events and training
- Collaborate with industrial and NHS partners.
- Identify, develop and, where appropriate, partner scientific discovery with potential for translation
- License our intellectual property in an exclusive or non-exclusive manner
- Form spin out companies
Impact case studies
Examples of how MRC Human Genetics Unit research has been translated for health and economic benefit.