Tier 4 General - applying

Applying for the Tier 4 General visa is a straight forward process if you follow the visa instructions and guidance.

How you apply depends on where you make your application.

You can only apply for entry clearance under Tier 4 in your home country or in a country where you have existing formal residency rights.

When should I apply?

The earliest you can apply for a Tier 4 (General) Student visa is 3 months before the start date of the course.

This means that if you intend to begin a course on 14 September 2015, the earliest you should apply is 14 June 2015.

We advise students to apply at the earliest point that they can make an application.

In order to be able to apply for your visa, you will need to receive a CAS email with your unique CAS number. This will be issued to you via MyEd.

How do I apply?

To begin the process of applying for your visa, visit the UK Visas & Immigration website.

When applying for your Tier 4 visa from outside the UK, you must fill the online form that you can find on the Visa4UK website (unless you are applying from Cuba or North Korea)