The Roman Archaeology Conference (RAC) is the premier international conference devoted to Roman archaeology. It is organised by the Roman Society every two years. Edinburgh is proud to host RAC in 2018 when it will take place on the 12th-14th April, with excursions scheduled for the 15th (please note the change of date compared to the Call for Sessions). In 2018, RAC will be hosted with TRAC.
The deadline for the Call for Sessions has now passed. The list of sessions will soon be published and a Call for Papers will follow in June 2017. The deadline for paper proposals will be Friday 8 September 2017. The final programme of speakers will be decided by the Organising Committee together with the session proposers and announced in October 2017.
Please note: This is a participative conference where more than half the delegates are speaking, so all delegates are expected to pay the conference fee. This helps keep the fees as low as possible and also maximises participation and engagement.
RAC 2018 Organising Committee:
- Professor Jim Crow (Archaeology) - Profile
- Dr Ben Russell (Classics) - Profile
- Dr Manuel Fernandez-Götz (Archaeology) - Profile
- Dr Fraser Hunter (National Museum of Scotland)
- Dr Rebecca Jones (Historic Environment Scotland)
- Dr Joanne Rowland (Archaeology) - Profile
- Professor Eberhard Sauer (Classics) - Profile
- Dr Andrew Birley (Representative from the Roman Society Archaeology Committee)
Roman Archaeology Conference 2018
School of History, Classics and Archaeology, William Robertson Wing, Doorway 4, Teviot Place, Edinburgh, EH8 9AG