Governance and Strategic Planning (GaSP) is part of the University's Student and Academic Services Group. GaSP is headed by the Director of Planning, Ms Tracey Slaven.
Governance and Strategic Planning
Our major areas of work are briefly outlined below.
- To promote and facilitate strategic thinking within the University generally and especially amongst members of the Central Management Group
- To continually improve the University's planning and resource allocation processes in order to strengthen the link between strategy and action
- To obtain, analyse and publish information to enable the University and its constituent parts to take informed decisions and develop strategic and operational plans
- To help the University and its constituent parts to implement plans and to monitor and report on progress against agreed targets
- To interact with the Scottish Funding Council and HESA
- To manage the preparation of the University's Research Excellence Framework submission
- To enable the University's Court to ensure that the University is effectively governed
- To facilitate and support the business of Court and its committees
- To review the effectiveness of Court and its sub-committees at regular intervals
- To provide policy advice to the Principal and senior university officers and support the Principal in influencing public policy in relation to higher education
- To undertake political analysis, scenario planning and to coordinate production of the University's responses to government consultations
- To maintain good relations with the University's contacts in the political sphere, including alumni parliamentarians
- To work with academic colleagues in supporting the University's knowledge transfer in relation to policy, in part through the Public Policy Network