Built as the new surgical hospital in 1853 beside the old royal infirmary on the west. It was then used as the fever hospital when the royal infirmary relocated.
The building was originally joined to the old high school. The boundary walls on the east and south retain parts of 16th century city wall (flodden wall). William Adam's old infirmary gates were moved from Infirmary Street to Drummond Street in the 1880's.
Opening hours: 08:00AM - 06:30PM
Wherever possible we have installed access ramps and access lifts to help mobility-impaired building users gain access to our buildings.
We have also put in place disabled evacuation lifts and emergency evacuation procedures for wheelchair users in the event of fire.
|Listed building category||A|
|Year of build||1853|
|Number of floors|
|Space management zone||Kb|
|Gross internal area||4815 m2|