Dr Grant Mair is a Senior Clinical Fellow in Neuroradiology & Hon Consultant Neuroradiologist, Neuroimaging Sciences.
- Medicine, University of Aberdeen, 1997-2003. Awarded MBChB & BSc (Hons). MedSci
- Surgery, South East Scotland, 2003-2007. Awarded MRCS.
- Radiology, South East Scotland Training Scheme, Edinburgh, 2008-2013. Awarded FRCR.
- Research, University of Edinburgh, 2012-anticipated completion late 2015. MD student
- Neuroradiology Fellowship, Neurological Intervention & Imaging Service Western Australia (NIISwa), Perth, Australia, 2014-2015.
Research aims and areas of interest
My primary research interest is the imaging of stroke. I am currently investigating relationships between what we see on imaging at the onset of stroke and how this relates to stroke severity, response to treatment with intravenous thrombolysis and eventual functional outcome for these patients. I am working with both CT and MR imaging to assess changes in brain tissue, arterial blood flow and arterial perfusion of brain using a number of different imaging techniques.
- Fellow of the Royal College of Radiologists
- Member of the British Society of Neuroradiologists
- Member of the Scottish Radiological Society