The Chaplaincy is a University provision of pastoral and spiritual support for students and staff of all faiths and none.
What we offer
- a multi-faith and belief team
- one-to-one support
- ceremonies and services
- welcome and hospitality
- drop-in space
- places for meeting
- spaces for reflection
What we do
Chaplaincy activities include:
- University-wide events such as the Carol Service and University Service
- smaller events such as memorials for students or members of staff
- multi-faith events including an annual Multi-Faith Public Conversation
- faith-based celebrations such as Diwali
- international events (e.g. Thanksgiving, Lantern Festival) in association with the International Office and International Student Centre
- weekly lunchtime practices including Tai Chi, meditation, yoga, prayers and a communion service
Further details are at our events page:
The Chaplaincy Centre
Chaplaincy has a variety of places around the University. The main one is the Chaplaincy Centre at 1 Bristo Square, part of the Potterow student centre.
Details of the facilities at the Bristo Square Chaplaincy Centre
We also have spaces at King's Buildings on the 3rd floor of the Mary Brück building (including Muslim prayer rooms), the Vet School, Moray House and Little France, and the George Square Labyrinth.