The University is recruiting, rewarding and retaining the best staff by providing a positive culture and supportive environment.
Creating a positive supportive workplace
- Established the Institute of Academic Development to brings together centrally provided academic development and study skills support into a single organisation.
- The University and the School of Chemistry were successfully re-awarded Bronze and Silver Athena SWAN awards respectively, recognising good employment practise for women working in science, engineering and technology.
- 100th senior academic enhances their leadership skills and expertise through the University’s Leadership Programme designed with input from University academics.
- Awarded the Human Resources Excellence in Research badge by the European Commission for supporting researchers develop their skills and their careers.
- Launched new Researcher Development website and new Equality and Diversity website.
Services, support and benefits for staff
Training and development opportunities
Training and development opportunities and events are provided across the University.
Institute for Academic Development
The Institute for Academic Development, provides a range of guidance and training opportunities including, knowledge transfer and exchange, career development, commercialisation, and secondment opportunities.
The University provides are range of benefits to staff including a credit union and low cost bikes.
Staff development management
Find out more about how we manage staff development at the University.
This article was published on May 23, 2011